Help with uniform supply

• Hi
    I have a 1963 MUNGA and a 1979 Iltis. I look for uniform of period to display with the vehicles.
    Not much is available in the UK. Does anyone have any ideas as to were I can get such items. :S
    Sorry this is in English my German is very rusty! :rolleyes:

Andy

• Hi Andy,

what version of the early Bundeswehr uniform are you looking for?

The early uniforms are very rare.

Here you can see the Battle-Dress and the Workers komibnation. Worn from about 1956 - 1963.

And here the next Battle-Dress from about 1962.

The uniforms from 1965 - 1985 you can get from Ebay.

What size do you wear?

Servus the murkser

• Thanks for the offers of help and info. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. my father has just died, and I need to arrange his funeral etc.
    But back to happer things.
    I am 107 mm chest, 82mm waist,82mm leg,57mm hat, 1.88mtr tall.

I have tried looking on Ebay, but my German is very rusty :rolleyes:
    Any ideas as to what to put in the seach boxes would be of help.
    thanks again :G :G :S

• At first, accept my deep sympathy in that hard time.

And a good information for vour search for german uniforms, we have got only two sizes:

a.: to small

b.: to big

:D

You are about 100 CM chest ect.? I wouldt think, german size 14 couldt fit.

But wait for a second answer from one of the experts.

• Hi Andy,

i also feel with you, lost my father 8 Years ago.

I think you have to look for moleskin dress in olive. It will be cheaper and easier to get, than the older dress.

It will also fit you perfect, because ist was used from 1965 to 1985 in german bundeswehr. Your Munga was used till 1969 at bundeswehr.

The size specification is not very easy, this tabular cold be a little help:

http://www.bw-online-shop.com/…ml&in=std_groessentabelle

Shipping costs will make very expensive if you by every item at ebay.

maybe someone can help you, storing the items in germany and send as an complete unit.

best regards

jubifahrer

• Thank you for your help and your understanding.
    In the british army, unifroms are also too big or too small!!
    Does anyone know of dealers who may have items of moleskin olive?
    I have seen a very few items in UK.
    We have very few post war German vehicles, and even fewer people who dress the part!
    I don't normally make it to Beltring, as that's the weekend of a show close to me here in the south west of england.

Have fun and thanks again :S :S :S :G

• I´m very sorry to learn your Dad has gone, Andy.

In my case that happened nearly 10 years ago, and I´m still not over it.

So, here´s what you should be on the look-out for:

(Excuse me that I set some links to a vendor who is fairly well assorted - but sadly not related to me. Relatives of that kind would solve some of my probs I think ... :rolleyes:)

Field Cap: Feldmütze oliv flache Form Groesse 57 or "Schiffchen" BW Feldschiffchen oliv Groesse 57 or Beret: BW Barett Groesse 57 The colours mark the weapon the wearer belongs to. Black stands for Panzer (tanks) for example)
    Trousers: Moleskin Feldhose oliv Groesse BW 12
    Jacket: Moleskin Feldjacke oliv Groesse BW 15 (somewhat hard to find - you see that your size is not listed ! I guess you should go for ebay or someone here can help you out)
    Belt: Feldkoppel oliv Laenge 90 or better 100cm
    Suspenders: Koppeltragehilfe oliv one size fits all :D
    Coat: BW Parka oliv Groesse BW 15 or 110 (again a little harder to find - your size again not listed among the used items anymore - only avilable in NEW)
    Boots: Matching your displayed period there were low laced boots with gaiters (Halbhohe Schnuerschuhe mit Gamaschen)

Jackboots (Schaftstiefel)

or brown laced boots (Schnuerstiefel)

But to find some of those we need your boot size. If you give me your exact foot length and width I´ll calculate the size to look for. Notice: All those boots are out of stock at the vendors I know. But who knows? :D

The boots shown are from an earlier multipage :D discussion culminating here.

The pictures René took show every detail to look for. The pics following those I put in here show some footwear that will match your uniform too.

Of course there a almost a thousand little things a German Bundeswehr soldier would carry, but one you should´nt go without is the typical handkerchief: BW Taschentuch

:D

Hope I could help a little.

Regards

freddy

"Verzage nicht, Du Häuflein Klein ..."

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von freddy ()

• Hello and thank you all for your kind words and great help.
    I have most items for the vehicles, like first aid kits etc. Still looking for some items, but no panic!
    I will start to use some of the information you have all given me to obtain the right uniform items :G
    Once I have enough to make me look a bit more like I should i will take some photos and post them here :#
    I will pass on the information you have given me to other german vehicle owners here in UK, and see if i can get them to go into unifrom :D
    How hard is it to find remale uniform, as my wife seems to be interested in dressing the part as well :#
    Thank you all again :G :S

• Zitat

Original von andyroberts

Once I have enough to make me look a bit more like I should i will take some photos and post them here

Fine, Andy. We´re all keen to see them.

Zitat

Original von andyroberts

I will pass on the information you have given me to other german vehicle owners here in UK, and see if i can get them to go into uniform

That would be some exotic display in UK, I presume. :D

Zitat

Original von andyroberts
    How hard is it to find female uniform, as my wife seems to be interested in dressing the part as well

Harder than hard. Women began to serve with the Bundeswehr in those olive days. But they were few and they were only allowed for medical service. I´ll try to scan some pictures this weekend.

Best regards

freddy

• My wife (Trish) is anurse, so that would be ok.
    It's very rare to see much in the way of post 45 German vehicles in UK. Most are Unimogs, MUNGAs, some 181, and a very few 183s. My 183 was at Castlemain range in the UK all it's life!
    I am trying to get all the uk owners of German vehicles, to form a club. But it would be much easier to hurd cats :| :| :T :T

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!