Sorry, my German is not so good, need help..

• Hallo there,

I am a VW enthusiast from Australia. I need help in finding some parts for 181 type. I am looking for a set of front trailing arms and spindles. Here in Australia they are very hard to find. I would really appreciate your help.

All the best to all VW fans from Thomas.

• Er meint wohl die Blechhebel der Vorderachse und die Drehstäbe . ??

Mutmaßenderweise, Wigbold

Rengtengteng !

+ Mitglied der Mungahilfe +

Trenne Dich nie von Deinen Illussionen und Träumen.
    Wenn sie verschwunden sind, wirst Du weiter existieren, aber Du hast aufgehört zu leben.
    Mark Twain

• Thank you very much for your advice. I will check the links you've provided.

Jens, the spindles are the part where you mount the brakes, the wheels and the two ball joints and than you connect all that to a trailing arms. I think i might be able to find a picture somewhere.

Alles beste!

Aufviedersehen...

Guten tag! ( I am learning, i am learning...)

• Guten Tag :D

Do you have a Partlist ? Look here Bildkatalog , then Technik and Bildkatalog. Group 4 frontaxle.

Then I have another Download for you, the technical brochure from the Bundeswehr. Hier

Gruß Jens

• Hallo Tommo, heute mal auf Deutsch ... learning, learning ... :D

Das sind die Traghebel und der Achsschenkel, sowie die Bremstrommel im Bildkatalog auf 26-10

Wenn du fragen hast, nur zu ....

Auf wiedersehen

Gruß Jens

• hi tommo,

the spindel is normally really expensive, but look at ralfs-vw-teile , he has some used ones...
    some years ago, I want to buy one at Volkwagens, and they took over 350 euro ( about 350 us-dollar) for one!!!!

nice to meet someone from down-under here at the Kuebelforum.
    I was 2 years ago in australia for over 6 weeks - and ist was greaaaaaaaat !!!
    were do ya live in australia?

good day
    stephan

• Hi Jens, danke - ich fersten... :)

Hi Stephan, wow, that's expensive. I might pass on it for the time being. I am in Brisbane, Queensland. I am glad you had a good time...

Here is pic of my buggy..

Cheers
    Thomas

• hi thomas,

i have looked at ralfs-vw-teile, and he takes 30euro (about 30us-dollar) (i forget the rate of the aussi-dollar...)

i don't understand your sentence: "I might pass on it for the time being" ?( (i'm nott gutt in englisch!!)

really nice buggy, you have...what type or manufaktor is it?? (i don't now so much about buggys, but i like them :D )

are there also "things" in australia? next time in australia i would like to have a car and travelling all around throu the outback....i wasn't in brisbane, maybe next time... but, have you been in broken hill? that was a nice area around there...

cheers
    stephan

• Hallo Tommo,

very nice Car.

Yes it´s amazing, but the Price ( Katie :D ) is only 30 Euro€, you should take a look in the Partlist at Ralf-VW-Teile, or Die Kübelecke ( Neiske & Pinn ).

Perhaps you can send us a cockatoo ( Kakadu ) We have a lonely one here, his favorite is Liversausage :D

Auf Wiedersehen Jens

• Hi guys,

are you sure it is only 30 euro!?! Have a look at the picture, this is the main part i would like to get (left and right side) but ideally i would like to get the whole lot in the picture (both sides). But i think that would be expensive.

Stephan, there are only one or two 181's in Australia as a personal import. They were never imported by VW. I sure would like one. I will go to Europe next year and i might get lucky and buy one and ship it to Aussie.

As for my buggy it was only a local manufacturer but it is a clone of Meyers Manx. I love to go fast in it :D
    Also i hope to go around Aussie in it one day.

Thanks for all your help guys...

Have fun,

Cheers

• Hi thomas,

yes, the part ist called "Achsschenkel" in german...
    here the page 37 from ralfs-vw-teile:
    Look for number 26-10/005 - the same number from your picture (Pagenumber up-right and Partnumber)
    so you will find all the parts in the catalogue...

i have seen many 181 on my last trip iin indonesia (made in indonesia) and they have the steering-wheel on the right side :)) . maybe its cheaper to import from there....

if you visit europe, may you have a look at munich.....

whats the temperature now in brisbane?

greetings
    stephan

• Well, Tommo,

it´s a used part, so the price should be realistic. But shipping can run into money ... :rolleyes:

Wigbold

Rengtengteng !

+ Mitglied der Mungahilfe +

Trenne Dich nie von Deinen Illussionen und Träumen.
    Wenn sie verschwunden sind, wirst Du weiter existieren, aber Du hast aufgehört zu leben.
    Mark Twain

• Thanks a lot guys, i will try one more source and if it's no good i will contact Ralf's Teile...

Stephan, currently it's not warm, about 15 - 20 deg C. But i like it that way because you can do more sport. (it's not too hot). This year we had 40 C, huh that was bloody hot!

Cheers
    Thomas

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!